Help each pirate find his or her ship! Board the Ship is a printable math center that will help your students practice adding and subtracting to make 11-20. Use this center to supplement any standards- based, 1st grade math curriculum!
1.OA.D.8 Determine the unknown whole number in an addition or subtraction equation relating three whole numbers.
1.OA.A.2 Solve word problems that call for addition of three whole numbers whose sum is less than or equal to 20
Directions: Help each pirate find his or her ship! Solve the addition and subtraction problems. Put the pirate on the matching ship. Write your work on a record sheet!
This printable math center includes:
- 2 activity mats with 15 sort cards each
- “Directions” page, storage label, and a record sheet
- Color and black & white versions to help you save on ink!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Addition and Subtraction Relationships
- First Grade Math Centers BIG BUNDLE | Addition and Subtraction
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 64 Standards- Based Activities
Stop by next week for another $1 Math Center Spotlight! More first grade math centers for addition and subtraction relationships are available here:
In case you missed it, check out last week’s math center spotlight about counting and modeling numbers: Eggs on the Beach.
One thought on “$1 Math Center Spotlight: Board the Ship”