Help the sea turtles lay eggs! Eggs on the Beach is a printable math center that will help your students practice comparing two-digit numbers with tens and ones. Use this center to supplement any standards- based, 1st grade math curriculum!
1.NBT.B.2 Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones.
1.NBT.B.3 Compare two two-digit numbers based on meanings of the tens and ones digits.
Directions: Each player takes a game mat. Shuffle the egg cards and place them face down. Each player selects a card and counts the base 10 blocks. The player with the largest number wins the round and keeps all the cards. The player with the most cards on their mat at the end is the winner! Write your work on a record sheet.
This printable math center includes:
- 4 beach mats
- 48 base-ten cards
- “Directions” page, storage label, and a record sheet
- Color and black & white versions to help you save on ink!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Count and Model Numbers
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 64 Standards- Based Activities