The alien is hungry for the SMALLEST numbers! Feed the Alien is a printable math center that will help your students practice comparing numbers using tens and ones. Use this center to supplement any standards- based, 1st grade math curriculum!
1.NBT.B.3 Compare two two-digit numbers based on meanings of the tens and ones digits.
Directions: The alien is hungry for the SMALLEST numbers! Choose a game board. Shuffle the number cards and place them face down in a pile. Each player selects one card. The player with the number that is LESS than all the others gets to feed his or her alien. The player with the most cards at the end of the game is the winner.
This printable math center includes:
- 6 player mats
- 48 number cards
- “Directions” page, storage label, and a record sheet
- Color and black & white versions to help you save on ink!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Compare Numbers
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 64 Standards- Based Activities