Help the superheroes smash the teen numbers into 10! Superhero Smash is a printable math center that will help your students practice making a 10 to subtract. Use this center to supplement any standards- based, 1st grade math curriculum!
: 1.OA.C.6 Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10.
Directions: Help the superheroes smash the teen numbers into 10! Match each subtraction sentence to the model that shows making a ten to subtract. Write your work on a record sheet!
This printable math center includes:
- 3 sets of matching cards (8 problems each)
- “Directions” page, storage label, and a record sheet
- Color and black & white versions to help you save on ink!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Stop by next Monday for another $1 Math Center Spotlight! More first grade math centers for subtraction strategies can be found here:
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Subtraction Strategies
- First Grade Math Centers BIG BUNDLE | Addition and Subtraction
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 64 Standards- Based Activities
In case you missed it, check out last week’s spotlight about thinking addition to subtract & counting back 1, 2, 3: Save the Babies.
One thought on “$1 Math Center Spotlight: Superhero Smash”