Help the superheroes rescue the babies! Save the Babies is a distance learning activity that will help your students practice : thinking addition to subtract & counting back 1, 2, 3. Use this center to supplement any standards- based, 1st grade math curriculum! Compatible with Google Slides (™) and PowerPoint (™).
: 1.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 20
Directions: Students will practice subtraction strategies by moving the baby to the matching superhero on each slide.
This digital math center includes:
- Access to 2 activities with 13 problems each- in Google Slides (TM) and PowerPoint (TM) formats
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as a distance learning activity!
- Engage your students during math centers!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards- based activity!
Stop by next Monday for another $1 Math Center Spotlight! More first grade centers for subtraction strategies can be found here:
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Subtraction Strategies
- First Grade Math Centers BIG BUNDLE | Addition and Subtraction
- First Grade Digital Math Centers BUNDLE | 12 Activities for Google Slides
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 64 Standards- Based Activities
In case you missed it, check out last week’s spotlight about comparing numbers: To the Moon.