It’s almost time for bed, but first let’s read some bedtime stories! Bedtime Stories will help your students practice adding 10 using ten- frames. Use this center to supplement any standards- based, 1st grade math curriculum!
: 1.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 20
Directions: It’s almost time for bed, but first let’s read some bedtime stories! Read a story and use the 10 frames to solve the problems. Write your work on a record sheet.
This printable center includes:
- 3 sets of story cards (30 cards total)
- Directions, storage label, and a record sheet
- Color and black & white versions to help you save on ink!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Addition Strategies
- First Grade Math Centers BIG BUNDLE | Addition and Subtraction
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 50+ Activities and Growing!
Stop by next week for another $1 Math Center Spotlight! More first grade math centers for addition strategies are available here:
In case you missed it, check out last week’s math center spotlight about subtraction strategies: Diaper Bag Dash.