What will we see at the zoo? Field Trip to the Zoo is a subtraction concepts center that will help your students practice taking numbers apart using pictures.
: 1.OA.A.1 Use addition and subtraction within 20
Directions: Place your game pieces on the zoo entrance. Shuffle the cards and place them face down. Choose a card. Figure out how many animals are left. Move your piece that many spaces. The first player to make it back to the zoo entrance is the winner!
This printable center includes:
- 3 game boards
- 12 player pieces
- 32 subtraction problem cards
- Directions, storage label, and a record sheet
- Color and black & white versions to help you save on ink!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Stop by next Monday for another $1 Math Center Spotlight! More first grade math centers for subtraction concepts can be found here:
Find this center in the following bundles:
- First Grade Math Centers BUNDLE | Subtraction Concepts
- First Grade Math Centers BIG BUNDLE | Addition and Subtraction
- First Grade Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE | 50+ Activities and Growing!
In case you missed it, check out last week’s spotlight about fact families: Pirate Parrots!
One thought on “$1 Math Center Spotlight: Field Trip to the Zoo”