Teddy bears + a hands-on math activity = a recipe for success in first grade! Teddy Bear Snuggles is an addition strategy center that will help your students practice adding 3 numbers.
Directions: Choose a number card for each kid to show how many numbers he or she brought to the sleepover! Add the three numbers by placing the teddy bear counters on the 10-frames. Write your answers on the record sheet!
This printable math center includes the following materials:
- 10-frame mat
- Number cards for 0-6
- Teddy bear counters
- “Directions” page, storage label, and 2 record sheets
- Color & black-and-white versions to help you save on ink!
How to use this in your classroom:
- Assign as an individual, partner, or small-group center!
- Engage your students during targeted, small-group instruction!
- Invite students to use when they finish other assignments early!
- Prep your sub plans with ease- called away to a meeting? Unexpected sick day? Your students will love playing this math game individually, in partners/groups, or teacher vs. student on a document camera!
- Fill extra time at the end of a lesson with a meaningful, standards-based activity!
- Print black & white copies to send home with your struggling students for extra practice!
Stop by next Monday for another $1 Math Center Spotlight! More first grade math centers for addition strategies can be found here:
One thought on “$1 Math Center Spotlight: Teddy Bear Snuggles”